So recently, my roommate and I really got into “The Barefoot Contessa” thanks to a promotional Vice article. If you don’t know the show, basically Ina Garten strolls around her house in the Hamptons, talking about her lovely husband Jeffrey, calling everything “fabulous,” and making food we will never be able to make in our dorm rooms with limited supplies. So Caitlin (my roommate) made a Pinterest board called “Meals with Marsh,” and our one-pot pasta scheme was born.
We found our recipe on a list of one pot pastas from Pinterest, and were then taken to damndelicious.net where we found our winner: One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta. So here’s your recipe, a little varied from the original for convenience purposes:
- 1 Large Spoon of Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 8 Shots of Chicken Broth
- 4 Shots of Milk (Or More, As Needed, We Used 2% Milk)
- 2 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
- 8 oz Of Fettuccine (We Used Linguine Because Fettuccine Wasn’t Available)
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- 2 Shots Grated Parmesan
- 2 Large Spoons of Fresh Chopped Parsley (We Completely Ignored This)
So… Here are your steps:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and stir for about 1-2 minutes, it should start smelling good.
- Add in the chicken broth, milk, butter, and pasta. Add the salt and pepper as needed.
- Get it to boil, then turn the heat down. Keep occasionally stirring until the pasta is cooked (about 18-20 mins). Then add the parmesan. If it becomes too thick, add milk until the consistency is what you want.
- TA-DA, add the parsley to make it look pretty if you want.
We picked up everything from Trader Joe’s, and used their brand of butter and chicken broth. What’s more is the ingredients were pretty cheap.
You will thank me later. It tastes amazing and only takes the length of 7 Drake songs to finish. Plus, now you can say you actually cook in your kitchen. I mean, wow.